Thursday, January 19, 2012

The 30 Day Photo Challenge

It's a new year and what better way to kick it off than with a photo challenge?  Lately, I feel like I need improvement with my photography skills and a challenge will definitely help to train my eye.  I think it'll be a fun way for you all to see what I can come up with.  Are you up for the challenge? Post your photos on my facebook page www.facebook.com/aloyphotography! Here's the list: (taken from the q8iyadownunder blog)






Day 1:  Name
So I walked around my house and I snapped these.  It makes for a pretty cool collage.
'A' - Taken from one of my dining room chairs.
'N' - Yes, I've kept my nursing books for reference and they just so happen to be standing in the shelf like this.
'N' - It's a boppy! Got a 'U' in your name? flip it upside down!
'A' - Also in my dining room was our leaning shelf.  It's a pretty prominent letter there!


Day 2:  Outdoors

I had soo much fun with Austin in the park.  He loves the outdoors and my golly, he's already got the whole baseball thing down from running to bases and sliding!  I don't know.. I might have a future baseball player on my hands =)











Day 3:  Shadow of Anything
With a one year old child, it's a little difficult to get out of the house and photograph my surroundings and at the same time keep an eye out for him.  I attempted to go outside to get my shadows, but as I made my way to the front door, the shadow of a plant on the window screen caught my eye.  It was great since I was able to catch my subject and still make sure my son was safe and not running into the street.  






Stayed tuned!!!


Day 4:  Favorite Color

Yes,  I know I've been slacking lately with this challenge, but I'm back!  The day's theme was favorite color.  I honestly, don't have a favorite color.  I am a fan of all colors.  There's not one color in my closet you won't find.  My closet was a bit messy, so instead I decided to pull out my nail polish.  From the looks of things, pink and purple seemed to be a big hit.  I'm more of a purple nail fan than actual wardrobe though.  But still, I do have a couple purple tops.  I don't know why, but I'm just drawn to this photo too.  It's got such a fresh feel to it.  With the light from the window coming in, it's days like this I like to relax and give myself a pampering.. pedicure and all. =)



Day 5:  What I ate.

I rarely ever cook, but this day I had a craving for some homemade Sloppy Joes.  I totally winged the recipe, and whatdoyaknow?! it turned out great, if not better than "Manwich."  I thought to myself, what could possibly be in a sloppy joe?  1st ingredient:  ground turkey (I don't EVER do ground beef, turkey is healther, and it tastes the same). 2nd ingredient:  Ketchup.  Initially I was going to use tomato paste, but I didn't feel like busting out the can opener.  Worked just as good.  3rd ingredient:  you might think it's a little off the wall, but it's one of my favorites:  A-1 sauce.  I mixed it all together, added a little bit of red pepper flakes, garlic, and ground pepper and it was done.   I stuffed a grilled pepperjack cheese sandwich with my homemade Sloppy Joe and it was just... awesome.  (pats herself on the back).

No comments:

Post a Comment